What is Preliminary Program?
The Preliminary Year is for students who want to OR have to prepare themselves better before starting a BSc course in Computer Science in English.
Everyone who apply to BSc course have to write an entry test (Mathmatics and English) in September. If you couldn’t reach the minimum level in the entrance examination you can choose the Preliminary (or Preparatory) program.
If you are going to start the Preliminary Year, you don’t have to pass the Entry Test
The Preliminary Year includes lessons in Mathematics, Informatics and English language.
What kind of degree will I get at the end of the course?
You will get only a declaration of completion, but please note, you will not receive any kind of certificate. Preliminary program is not a degree program, it is not the first year of the BSc course, that is why you will not get a degree. BUT if you pass your exams successfully, you might continue your studies starting the BSc program.
How can I apply?
You have to send us the copy of listed documents.
You can apply on www.apply.elte.hu. Please, sign in at this site and upload the following application materials wholly.
- The filled application form, which you can download from this link: Appform_bsc.doc
- Copies of your secondary school finishing documents (GCE / GCSE / …) and a transcript about the results of the final two (or more) years. If you don’t have yet a final document (because you’re in your final year), you could send it later, as soon as possible, but please send us your transcript anyway. Without these documents the admission committee ignores your application!
- Copy of any further documents, course descriptions about your education. E.g. computer courses, higher education, language exams etc.
- A curriculum vitae, listing your personal data, your educational background, and work experience (if you have), and mentioning whatever you find relevant.
- A motivation letter describing your situation and objectives with applying to our University’s course.
- A copy of the main pages of your valid passport.
- A passport photo not older than 3 months.
- A copy of your medical certificate, which can be issued by the nearest hospital or doctor; it should state something like that you do not carry any contagious diseases and you are found physically and mentally fit for higher education abroad.
- Please also fill our University’s main Registration Form.
If a document is not in English (or Hungarian), please send both a copy of original and an official English (or Hungarian) translation, otherwise we could not evaluate it.
Of course, you must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally come to the university.
How much does it cost?
The tuition fee is €2,000.00 per semester.
Furthermore you have to pay €80.00 application fee, (It is a one-time fee during your studies.) and €60.00 for registration in every new semester.
Preliminary program is not supported by Stipendium Hungaricum.
The tuition and application / registration fees should be transferred to the following bank account of our University.
Name of beneficiary:
Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem
Address of beneficiary:
Egyetem tér 1–3., Budapest, H-1053, HUNGARY
10032000-01426201-00000000 (Hungarian format)
HU03 1003 2000 0142 6201 0000 0000 (IBAN format)
Bank’s name and address:
Magyar Államkincstár (Hungarian State Treasury)
Váci út 71., Budapest, H-1139, HUNGARY
Please add the following Comment to the bank transfer:
Name of Student, AE9i01/04, E000
With any questions or remarks, please contact the student coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org