Head of Department of Artificial Intelligence and/or Senior Researcher
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) is the oldest continuously operating university in Hungary. As a leading Hungarian higher education institution, it has more than 30,000 students studying at 8 faculties. The Faculty of Informatics at ELTE, invites applications as
Head of Department of Artificial Intelligence
or for one of several
Senior Researcher positions for Artificial Intelligence.
The ELTE Faculty of Informatics (ELTE FI) is the top ranked faculty in computer science in Hungary, with over 100 faculty members and strong focus on R&D&I activities. It has numerous research agreements with the business community and joint labs with industrial partners. In 2020, the Department of Artificial Intelligence has been established in collaboration with Robert Bosch Ltd. as an industry driven, R&D&I oriented department in order to carry out research, development and teaching in artificial intelligence theory, technologies and their applications.
The successful applicant, in close cooperation with Robert Bosch Ltd., is expected to foster research and innovation activity of the department and explore new research directions responding to industrial needs.
|Key duties and responsibilities|
- Demonstration and realization of an internationally relevant and competitive research programme, meeting defined business requirements and problems.
- Contributing to the Faculty’s general research activities at operational and strategic levels.
- Planning and preparing significant research funding proposals.
- Planning, preparing and delivering effective teaching, supervision and assessment of graduate/postgraduate/PhD students in „Computer Science for Autonomous Systems” and „Computer Science (AI subprogram)” programs and related research projects.
- Creating synergies between research and education with involvement of students into research activities.
- PhD degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- Based on scientific performance, ability to obtain habilitated doctor title within two years.
- University teaching experience.
- Candidates must have carried out outstanding scientific research in the fields of artificial intelligence, deep learning and related areas, which is proven by research output of a high level in peer-reviewed international publications (journals and/or books), and by results applied by industry, demonstrating a distinguished R&D profile.
- Candidates must have experience in heading up industrial research projects and coaching PhD students
- Candidates must be committed to nurturing talents and new generation of researchers.
- An exciting opportunity to pursue a post with significant impact potential in both academia and industry.
- Depending on your qualification, your employment entry level will be as assistant professor, associate professor, or full professor with all development options in the academic university career.
- A three-year full-time contract is foreseen, with subsequent opportunities for an open-ended employment.
- Salary upon agreement – a salary ensuring an outstanding level of life in Hungary due to industrial support.
- Our campus is located in the vicinity of the Infopark, the first innovation and technology park of Central and Eastern Europe, primarily for IT, telecommunications and software development companies.
- Equal opportunity workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, class, disability status, ethnicity, gender, race and sexual orientation.
The Artificial Intelligence Department belongs to the new Institute of Industry-Academia Innovation (IAI), which targets both scientific excellence and practical relevance in collaboration with industrial partners, using an integrated approach to Research, Education, and impactful Innovation. Further information on the ELTE FI can be found here.
Starting date for the position is as soon as possible
The deadline for the application is April 05, 2021. Application documents (Cover letter, CV about professional and academic abilities and achievements, 3 potential references, Scanned copies of certificates, Statement of research interest and teaching objectives, Documentation of additional relevant qualifications according to above specifications) should be submitted as a ZIP archive via e-mail to the dean of the faculty of informatics, Prof. Dr. Zoltán Horváth, email@example.com.
The review of applications will begin on March 22, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents by latest April 06, 2021.