1. Software development
There are several ways of specialization in this programme for those students who have a BSc degree either in informatics, engineering informatics or informatics of economics.
- Specialization in modelling. Interesting courses are offered on the higher mathematics of modelling; the mathematical modelling of engineering, economics and scientific processes; the planning of highly efficient parallel calculation models; the practical usage of coding and ciphering. The students will be able to solve highly accurate algorithm and approximation problems as well as to use the advanced technology and methods of planning and building software systems.
- Specialization in software technology. The students will get acquainted with the theory and usage of the methods of advanced technological tools used in the design and building of software systems. They will also study the theoretical and practical sides of planning and managing projects. There will be courses on the application of mathematical models, on the analysis, design and synthesis of divided and multi-layered systems as well as on the development and usage of embedded and real time systems.
- Specialization in information systems. The students will study the theory and application of advanced algorithm tools and data structures used in the design and building of information systems; design and building databases. After completing the programme, the students will be able to design, analyze and use divided information systems; to design and build typical information systems with the help of modern modelling tools.
- Specialization in geoinformatics. This programme offers courses on the modern theories of planning, developing and building geoinformatical systems. The curriculum includes subjects on the usage of advanced software tools; the design of vector, raster and relief databases; the types and use of digital maps built n geoinformatical systems; the basic methods and application of computer graphics, digital mage analysis and image processing.
- Specialization in media informatics. The students will be introduced to the informatics demand of the media industry and will be able to participate in media projects. They will study the theoretical basis and the practical side of modern audio and video technologies as well as the combined usage of various multimedia environments. The students will obtain proficiency in the application of the communication methods of media informatics systems, in digital signal processing, in computer-aided modelling and in the usage of computer graphics. They will be able to design and prepare multimedia teaching materials and electronic publications. The students will also know how informatics can support the preparation of digital radio and television recordings, films and musical pieces.
2. Teaching informatics
Those students are accepted in this programme who have obtained a BSc degree specialized in informatics and had preliminary courses in teaching methodology. After completing this programme, the teachers of informatics will have the right and competencies to teach the subject of informatics in all types of schools or courses. They will also help the use of informatics and computers in a wide range of other school subjects. The teachers will be able to use professionally the computer tools and to carry out programming tasks. In addition, they will be ready to develop their knowledge continuously by self-education or in refreshment courses.
First of those students are accepted in the cartography programme who have a BSc degree in earth sciences. The curriculum includes a wide range of modules that offer courses on the techniques of modern geodesy, the representation methods of cartographic information, the use of computers in geoinformatics, the technology of map making and the aesthetics of cartographic products. Cartography is not only a science but also art. Students with this degree can find employment in the publishing industry, tourism, environment protection or in companies that need professionals of visualisation methods with the most advanced techniques.