Call for participation
*** The registration is now open! ***
The Central European Functional Programming School (CEFP) is organised every second year (2005 Budapest - LNCS vol. 4164, 2007 Cluj-Napoca - LNCS vol. 5161, 2009 Komarno). It is the Central European counterpart of the Advanced Functional Programming school with the additional goal to stimulate students from Central Europe to attend.
The goals of the CEFP summer school are:
- Bring together computer scientists, in particular young researchers (PhD students), and make them familiar with the latest functional programming techniques.
- Show the use of advanced functional programming techniques in real world applications.
- Bridge the gap between recent results presented at programming conferences and material from introductory textbooks on functional programming.
- Provide a forum for PhD students to present their research results as part of the workshop programme and submit the full paper version after the summer school. Selected and reviewed papers will be published in the LNCS Volume of the revised lectures.
At the beginning of CEFP 2009 we make functional programming
warm-up sessions starting on 21 May 2009.
The summer school's programme includes:
- In depth lectures about a selected number of recently emerged advanced
functional programming techniques, taught by experts in the field.
- Practical exercises accompanying the lectures to be solved by the
students at the school. These exercises guide the students' learning to
a great extent. A high quality lab is available at the school site.
- Team work is stimulated, such that the students can also learn from
- hotels (from 30-66 Euro/night)
- meals at the university canteen of the Conference Centre (included in the registration fee)
Hungarian CEEPUS Office
Slovakian CEEPUS Office
Morgan Stanley Hungary
Faculty of Informatics Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
Selye János University, Komarom/Komarno